On Your Mark...Get Set...Smoke a Cigarette!!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's Veteran's Day! A great day to remember our troops and send some love in their direction.

Boy, I sure do wish I wasn't so selfish and preoccupied with my own life. I might go out and hug some troops as they come back home. Please forgive me for being such a slacker this year. :(

In other news, time marches on and the day of the move gets closer. This means I am getting less done, throwing my hands up, getting daily frantic calls from my mother, and growing ever closer to a psychotic break. I have put way too many side projects on the list. They are small pathetic side projects to be sure, but any project at this time is just plain lunacy! (Slaps forehead!)

Crochet helps me keep my sanity intact in the midst of the storm. Since we are going to stop in Hanford on the way to Alabama, I have decided to crochet scarves for all the little ladies in my life. My friend Jen has two daughters, and my two nieces are about the same age. So four scarves. Not hard to do at all. Except when you get one done and realize you bought the wrong color and have to start all over! No its not hard, but why in the world am I doing this RIGHT NOW! ?

Tonight marks the one week mark for quittin' time! I am excited, sick, happy and sad all at once! What am I going to do? I keep jumping back and forth between being the stay at home blogger mom, and being a Pharmacy Tech. It's totally a pride thing. I wish I could lay it aside and be proud of being "just a mom". But as my friend Joni wrote in her timely blog (timely for me at least), there are just plain ol' jerks out there. Jerky McJerkersons! Yeah, they probably ARE IRISH! The ones who chime in no matter what and kill all your dreams. They usually have a tone that makes me want to spit nails directly into their eyes!! (I'm looking at you CLOSE family who shall not be named!)

Deep breath. Okay. I have recovered.

Once again, Happy Veterans Day. Go out and do what I cannot do, go hug a vet. (I am forbidden by restraining order. ;-p) Not just any old vet! Not your veterinarian! Sheesh! I mean pick a cutie in uniform and just run up and smooch him. Tell him thank you! Then flee before he calls the cops.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP